- Dynamic capsule.
- Hypercardioid directional characteristic.
- Integrated pop protection.The BCM 705 Dynamic Broadcast Microphone from Neumann is a professional, dynamic broadcast microphone. The BCM 705's housing and head grille are identical to those of the BCM 104. The dynamic capsule features a hypercardioid directional characteristic, specifically designed for speech reproduction at close range. Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise and an elastic mount ensure operation free of interference, even in a lively studio environment. The microphone head grille twists off easily for quick cleaning.
The frequency response has a light treble boost, in the region from 2 kHz to 9 kHz, aiding the speech intelligibility. The bass frequency response is designed to compensate for the overemphasis of the bass caused by the proximity effect.
A pop screen not only prevents the occurrence of plosive pop noises in vocal recordings, but also efficiently prevents unwanted particles from settling on the diaphragm.
The preferred mode of operation is to suspend the BCM 705 from a standard studio boom arm. A thread adapter to fit different connector threads is included. In order to provide protection from structure-borne noise, both the capsule and the microphone in its mount are elastically suspended.
- Integrated suspension.
- Easy removal and cleaning of microphone head grille (with bayonet mount).
- Mechanical compatibility with standard studio boom arms.
- Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise.
- No power supply required.