- The Image Control Waveguide was developed for JBL’s new flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor and with the introduction of the JBL 3 Series, is now included for the first time in an affordable, compact reference monitor.The JBL LSR308 8" Two-Way Powered Studio Monitor is a bi-amplified reference monitor with a magnetically-shielded 8" low frequency transducer and 1" soft-dome high frequency transducer. The monitor features JBL's Image Control Waveguide technology for accurate audio reproduction. It also features JBL's Slip Stream port design for improved bass response.
The LSR308 is equipped with an LF trim switch and an HF trim switch, as well as dual 56W Class D amplifiers for both drivers. To ensure flexible connectivity, JBL included a balanced XLR input and a balanced 1/4" TRS input, both of which feature dented level control. Other features include JBL's LSR (Linear Spatial Reference) speaker design for accurate audio reproduction and a selectable input sensitivity switch that ensures compatibility with a range of signal sources.
- The patent-pending design of the Image Control Waveguide precisely controls the sound emanating from the speaker in the vertical and horizontal planes ensuring the presentation at the listening position is neutral and accurate.
- The 3 Series long-throw woofer and its damped woven composite Neodymium tweeter are designed from the ground up to reproduce the powerful transients and micro dynamics of your mix. These drivers deliver impressive deep bass and smooth high frequency response beyond the range of human hearing.
- JBL’s Patented Slip Stream™ low frequency port design works in concert with the woofer to produce deep bass response at all playback levels. The double-flared shape of the port is precisely engineered for greater low-frequency extension and reduced turbulence.
- Big Power, Big Sound - 3 Series efficient Class D Amplifiers provide abundant power to deliver the output and dynamic headroom needed for the most demanding roduction styles.
- Professional Balanced Inputs - Balanced XLR and 6 mm TRS inputs give you the options you need to connect your 3 Series to any signal source while maintaining professional signal quality.
- Selectable Input Sensitivity - The -10 dB/+4 dB sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect the 3 Series to high output professional gear without any danger of input overload.
- LF Trim and HF Trim “TRIM” switches for both the Low and High Frequencies give you excellent control over the 3 Series sound in “your” room. Use these to fine-tune the amount of bass and treble you hear to compensate for room acoustics, program material and your personal taste.