Stream, Record & Play
Stream live audio and view and manage recordings, create playlists of local and imported files, then control playback routing to encoders and analog and digital outputs. Produce & record your own broadcast quality podcasts to removable media or FTP directly from the codec.
ViA delivers all the flexible transport options you would expect from a professional codec. Select wired or wireless IP options, or connect over ISDN. Mono, Stereo, Stereo plus Mono, and triple mono connection options available.
The color touch screen has menus designed to provide a familiar and intuitive user experience, similar to using a smartphone. Navigate and configure settings with the touch screen, or use front panel navigation buttons - the choice is yours. Adaptive light-sensor controls ensure the screen is readable in even the toughest light conditions
Power On The GO!
A rechargeable Lithium-ion smart battery delivers up to 6.5 hours* of broadcast time. Extend battery performance with features such as screen sleep time-out, screen brightness controls, plus automatic low battery power saving measures.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and an integrated web portal expands your connection options from access points in hotels, fast food chains, or even a smartphone’s Wi-Fi hotspot. Add Wi-Fi access points in seconds and stream program audio or your IFB circuit.
Dual Cellular USB Modems
ViA supports many pre-tested cellular USB modems out of the box. Insert a modem into a USB port and you're ready to go live in seconds! Bond data from modems with Fuse-IP, or use 2 modems with SmartStream PLUS dual redundant streaming
- Dimensions: 7 11/64” x 3 5/16” x 8 15/32” 182mm (W) x 84mm (H) x 215mm (D)
- Weight: 1.62 kg (with battery)
- Power: Li-ion internal battery or External 12VDC 3A Power Supply.
- Operating temp: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Humidity: 15% ≤RH ≤80% (0 to 35°C/32°F to 95°F), non-condensing
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack RRC2057: 7.5 V, 6.4 AH, 8A; Fast charging; 240g
82mm (W) x 84mm (H) x 215mm (D)
- Battery Operation: Up-to 6.5 hrs*
- Battery Storage Temp: Max: -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F) Recommended: -20°C to 25°C (-4°F to 77°F)
- Battery Charge Time: At max charge current < 4hrs at 25°C
- Battery Life expectancy: Minimum 300 charge/discharge cycles as per manufacturer’s charge/discharge specifications
- Robust DSP-based architecture designed for rock solid, mission critical broadcast audio
- 24 Bit 48kHz audio sampling.
- 3 Analog Mic/line inputs (input 1 supports stereo AES3 digital audio, or mono AES42 microphone).
- Stereo analog line input and stereo digital in/out via micro-USB or S/PDIF.
- Touch screen matrix editor routes any input to any output: includes customized cue/talkback routing for all announcers; save, rename and recall custom matrices as required.
- Customize headphone mixes via touch screen for 3 headphone outputs
- Record and playback capability with ability to create and import playlists of files and then edit playlists; customize playback routing and select sources to record.
- Create recordings and upload them as podcasts using FTP directly from the unit.
- EQ, compression and limiting on all inputs.
- Output AGC available on all outputs.
- Touch screen adjustments to digital and XLR output routing, audio levels, send/return balance, plus output mute buttons.
- Bidirectional Mono, Stereo, dual mono or triple mono connection options available
- Bidirectional Mono or Stereo plus a separate full-duplex IFB circuit.
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resiliant aptX® Enhanced algorithm.
- Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports support automatic switching for redundancy.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with integrated web-browser: Stream using a cell-phone Wi-Fi hotspot, or connect to hotels and other Wi-Fi access points
- Primary and backup audio over IP and ISDN*.
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming:
- Fuse-IP network bonding (data aggregation): bond any 2 of the 6 available IP interfaces.
- SIP (SDP) compatible with EBU N/ACIP 3326 for interoperability with other codec manufacturers.
- Deterministic SIP answering and call routing: Configure up to 6 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces.
- Compatibility over ISDN with Worldcast, Prodys, Mayah, CDQ Prima, AETA, AEQ, Orban and more.
- Compatibility over ISDN using aptX Enhanced encoding with Worldcast, Prodys Prontonet and Mayah.
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies.
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics.
- Real-time IP link quality displayed.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP.
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs.
- Toolbox Scheduler supports loading/unloading, connecting and disconnecting programs.
- Use the Cloud Codec Controller to configure & manage your entire codec network remotely.
- The TieLink Traversal Server makes dialing easy with centralized contact list management and self discovery of codecs within customized call groups.
- Power automatic failover to internal battery for continued use should the main power source fail.
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready.
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel.
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port (4 inputs/outputs) functions, plus Tieline and WheatNet-IP LIO compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from SD card.
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI.
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs.
- Ships with a road case, battery and power supply as standard